Carter Environmental Compliance win contract at large leisure centre
Tendring District Council approached the compliance division of Carter Environmental Engineers Ltd to attend Walton Under Naze Lifestyles Leisure Centre to assess the hot and cold water services in relation to the control of Legionelosis, following significant issues on site. Having immediately responded to the request a full survey was completed and a report was issued with recommendations to rectify the situation. This included the following :-
- The completion of a specific Legionella Risk Assessment.
- Formulation of a specification and drawings for pipework modifications by our sister company Carter Synergy Ltd.
- The initial disinfection of all hot and cold water services to minimise the risk of bacterial infection during the alterations to the systems.
- The installation and bespoke design of secondary disinfection system on the incoming mains cold water.
- The final disinfection of all hot and cold water systems following their modification.
- Bacterial sampling after completion.
- An ongoing service contract with full documenation to maintain compliance at the site.
- Further specific Legionella Risk Assessments at the three other leisure centres under the control of Tendring Council and Training.
- Ability to provide OFQAL accredited Legionella Training at both site and senior management level.
As a result of the Professional approach at Walton, we have been asked to provide Risk Assessment Services at a number of other council run leisure facilities, and that we continue to work closely with Tendring District Council in relation to re-defining their Legionella Control Policy./ckeditor_assets/attachments/54/press_release_word_doc_for_website.docx
We recently exhibited at Advanced Engineering 2017, check out the video of our demo of our mobile filter station.Full Article